When it comes to magazines, I prefer glossies over gossip rags, but sometimes I end up browsing the tabloids when I’m in the waiting room for doctor or dentist appointments. Us Weekly is one of those magazines that I would never buy or subscribe to, but I get a kick out of their '25 Things You Don’t Know About Me' feature, where celebrities (and pseudo-celebrities) list—you guessed it—25 things the public doesn’t know about them. It’s pretty interesting, to say the least. So in honor of the magazine that I don’t buy, here are 25 things you (probably) don’t know about me:
1. My all-time favorite movie is Rocky. He’s the quintessential underdog…and who doesn’t love an underdog?
2. I’m double-jointed in my knees. It’s kind of cool.
3. I once had an allergic reaction so severe that I had to get an EpiPen injection. My eyes were swollen, I broke out in hives, and I could barely breathe. Basically, I looked like what The Elephant Man would have looked like if he had been The Elephant Woman. Yeah, it was pretty bad.
4. I really want to visit Greece. Brazil used to be at the top of the list of places I want to visit, but it’s been replaced by Greece.
5. I’ve never broken a bone. Despite growing up tomboy, climbing trees, and shooting homemade slingshots, all of my bones are still intact.
6. I don’t know how to swim. Every summer I say I’m going to learn. But I don’t.
7. I pour the milk in my bowl first, then I pour the cereal. I'm backwards that way.
8. I prefer white chocolate over milk chocolate and dark chocolate. I’m addicted to HERSHEY’S Cookies ‘n’ Crème Candy Bar.
9. I like shopping, but I don’t like trying on clothes. I don’t know why this is.
10. I would love to work as a Copy Producer at Neiman Marcus. Luckily for me, that position is open…and I applied. Wish me luck.
11. I’m pretty anal about my writing utensils. I carry several PILOT G2 Retractable Gel Ink Rolling Ball pens in my purse at all times.
12. I cry every time I watch Armageddon. Why did Bruce Willis’ character have to die?
13. I have an irrational fear of going blind while driving. Don’t ask.
14. I had nightmares after watching American Horror Story. It’s The Man In Black who creeps me out. I always think he’s standing in the doorway of my bedroom at night. Watching. Waiting. Plotting.
15. In high school, I was obsessed with attending Louisiana State University. That didn’t happen. Instead I attended a private school in Oklahoma until I transferred to a public school 45 minutes from my hometown.
16. I’d rather bake than cook. Blame it on my sweet tooth. The Boyfriend likes to cook, though, so it works.
17. One of my favorite places in Dallas is the Dallas World Aquarium. I will admit that it’s a bit expensive, but I absolutely love that place.
18. Due to a fear of being carjacked, the first thing I do when I get into my car is lock the doors. Safety first.
19. I’ve always wanted dimples. Unfortunately for me, my brother inherited the dimples, along with the gift of gab, the outgoing personality, and the fearlessness that would allow him to move across the country at the drop of a hat—and not look back.
20. Bridesmaids is my go-to movie when I’m feeling down. It’s an instant pick-me-up.
21. I really dislike television commercials that feature inanimate objects that talk. Have you seen the commercial for PAM cooking spray? It has talking muffins. Talking. Muffins.
22. I love having breakfast for dinner. Pancakes for dinner? Sign me up.
23. I have a crush on Liam Neeson. (Actually, if you follow me on Twitter, you already know that.) I mean, have you seen him in Taken?
24. I didn’t make the track team in seventh grade. It might have been the fact that I tried out in a sweat suit and hightop sneakers—I’m sure those extra ten pounds made it pretty hard to run the quarter in a decent time.
25. I’m probably really going to regret this post in the morning. I’m joking. Sort of.